Wednesday, March 18, 2015


















Northern lights

For Carmen

urban cliff dweller am I
with the soul of a hermit
searching the light
in an alien sky
I’ve been warned of the storms
considered regret
I wander in restless
celestial deterrent
sit at my desk
and wonder what’s next
I pound keys into stars
words land uneasily
the rest of my scars
are stories told freely
I wanted to witness
that unearthly glow
cramped as I am here
in darkness below
the cat creeps beside me
his eyes all aglow
what more do I need
what more can I know
evil is written in stone
and in snow
in rivers that rage
deserts I don’t know
urban cliff dweller am I
with the soul of a hermit
searching the light
in an alien sky
I am home with my light
my river that flows
my witness to self that
continues to grow
my desert that kills
each passing word
I live by the light of
unknown northern night
I wonder what’s next
shall I stay shall I fly
I wonder what’s next in
my northern light


No comments: