Saturday, April 27, 2019

Who is in danger?
Me and U says the pointy-headed horse
Of the Medieval cloth
For a second you were the pegging thing
For a life time I was the withdrawal thing
We are both in anger
Wrapped in inexplicable danger
Disguised as only
the last true stranger
When the mask is discarded
Revision lasts only
Until the gun is reloaded
For the second you thought
Though I knew better
I dribbled the court
Around a facebook letter
Though we both understood
what makes things better
I am drunk now
And I will sink the basket
you will retrieve and unasked
roll down the court
eye on the prize
I am drunk now
To you a good night
To you who appears in my wandering gloom
To you now I invite to my insular room
Unicorns, like ghosts
offer magic in anger
My pen pal friend may we write for longer
Than life or death
Hunger or strangers
Who arrive at our door
Who sidestep the angel
For we are humans
Glad to entangle like
Deep ocean squids
Knowing the angels
That keep us alive
That make sure we thrive
This poem sucks
It’s late
This poem sucks
Don’t care if I’m late
This old heart rusts
A unicorn opens the gate.

No comments: