Wednesday, April 10, 2019



KK

Don’t take my picture
Don’t tell me your problems
Don’t be messing with me
I’m gonna tell you
From time honored wisdom
I don’t have long for this world
So stay close mind the bowls they
Tip when we fill the trolley
Watch out for that guy
this girl the most
She’s psycho and racist
But you know this faggot
This what?
I whisper already alert
This you know what I mean
I do Mister Negro
I do you jerk
And he laughed
While I trembled
He had that power
Like an owl perched
In a dark window
Above the sandwiches
To be slipped into bags
He knew everyone’s story
But mine where he lagged
Though I told him everything
In increments like rags
Like bloodstains that glow
Under the forensic blues
He was there in the morning
He was lizard eyed and broken
He was eternally in the
Dark moments we harkened
Over crates of sandwiches
Delivered by tokens
Boys with inheritance
From the first words they’d spoken
Boys who will own
What we leave as tokens
We were all there to feed them
The undefined forgotten
My meager salute this reminder
Of you
It’s all that I have
With a handshake, adieu

nyc April 2019

No comments: