Monday, August 12, 2024






 













THE NEW

 

How grateful I am

For what I have lost

Things

That every sad stranger

Who knew bitter beauty

In the time of their lives

And the life of their time

Refuse to console me

 

What comfort I get

From what I have lost

Gravity

Light weight of memory

Breadcrumbs now blown

Halts a bitter return

To the time of my life closer to empathy

 

A free-range emotion

An organic heart

Clarity

Lies just out of my reach

Far but not futile

The antidote to speed

Toward the time of my life

Defuse melancholy

 

These moments of pleasure

Rip through the pain

This triumph of measure

For all things gained

Are mine for the taking

Mine to be strained into

Clear water basins

And lead me to ransom again and again                      

 6.25.15 nyc

Photo: 8.6.24 nyc

No comments: