Saturday, October 14, 2017








Among Us


what was less then
what was lost
what was found in
in our round table
was mostly future
among the cats and the wine
what we failed was the nurture
we traveled away
from the canvas the studio
we huddled too close
to the answer the obvious
I shed you
I did
for my own self worth
Sacrificed you for me
Still undecided
You touched the bottle
a reprimand to my flight
I understood
too late
too angry to fight
Amsterdam pulled the plug
Amsterdam was the flood
that lifted me over redeeming waters
I was young then and mostly drunk
I was young then
and mostly alone
you tracked how I flew
my singular path
Breakfast in Amsterdam
Breakfast was a drag
And I made a picture
of us in the round
Of us as artists underground
the basement the studio
I have never recovered
your sly criticisms
your tiny canvases of mirth
I am still here

That’s my singular birth

No comments: